Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wadena Local Power

Mrs. L4T and I spent much of this cloudy Saturday searching for treasures hidden in rummage sales throughout the Menahga and Park Rapids area, which made for no railfanning opportunities until we made it home to Wadena. As we crossed the tracks, a headlight to the east called for attention and I complied.

After pulling in near the crossovers, I walked a little ways east and managed to shoot this photo:


I figure it must be power for the Wadena local.

I googled BNSF 3207 when I got home and found out that it has been working the Staples Sub for at least a few weeks, as shown in a photo by OMR member Bryant Kaden here.

The number on the second unit seemed unusual, and sure enough, it was one of the re-numbered SD40-2's that have been running around. This is the first time I can remember seeing six axle power on the Wadena local.


And that's all from Wadena so far today. We may venture out yet this evening if the clouds offer any hope of abating.

Keep on lookin!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment