Saturday, January 23, 2010

Goin' Away in Lake Park

Thursday found me in Lake Park. I was tied up for the morning in a meeting just a block or so from the tracks and listened with an itchy shutter finger as trains passed through town.

After lunch, with work wrapped up, I headed out of town. A loaded coal train was passing under the road at the overpass right in the middle of town, so I decided to wait and see if the train had a DPU and if so, which way it was pointed. It was my lucky day as the GEVO pushing on this train was pointed away from the train. I grabbed a series of photos as he receded into the distance.


And that was it for the day. I could hear more traffic, and I know there were some trains around, but got no more photo opportunities fro the day. So this is all I've got to offer-a coal train goin' away in Lake Park.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment