Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Poaching

Late yesterday afternoon, I snuck into MN Chris country via back road for an evening meeting. Having arrived at a secret location a little over an hour before the start time, I decided to turn on the scanner and find a nice spot trackside to eat my orange and drink my diet coke.

I was shocked to hear 161.520 come to life as a defect detector at MP 70 point something (about 5 miles east of Bagley) announced the passing of what had to be a coal train, given the axle count. After waiting a matter of minutes, here he comes:


The water tank has always fascinated me. I would love to have seen GN steamers pull up for a drink "back in the day".

So on a day when I drove almost 200 miles and paralleled railroad tracks for none of it, I still managed to see a train. Keep the faith!

Jim

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding! I love this particular scene in Bagley, but I've never been fortunate enough to see a train there.

    ReplyDelete