Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Memories

Part of the fun of a journal like look4trains.com is the ability to look back at what has happened in the past. For instance, just tonight I was reminded that a year ago we were much more worried about cold than the snow that is bothering central Minnesota currently.

So, in the spirit of looking back, here are some of my memories of railfanning and modeling in 2010, in chronological order.

-"IT'S THE YELLOW ONE!"
-Some modeling action
-Any idea on how to stop a train?
-Verndale Rail
-EMD!
-Steam!
-I really love Wyoming
-The Coal Trail
-NPR
-Amtrak

What were the highlights? Well, of course Verndale Rail. Any get together with other fans is always a highlight.

Oddly enough, even though the photos weren't much, the brief time along the Big Horn Sub in Wyoming was strangely intriguing. I want very much to go back. This spurred an interest in learning more about the history of the NP, which in turn ties in with the GN. Led to a lot of reading and learning.

It was fantastic to see DC motor EMD's in regular service once again.

I got more involved in modeling, and that was rewarding. At the same time frustrating, since I will never have the skills of many that I admire.

All in all, railfanning continued to be a passion of mine in 2010, with no sign of a letup soon. I look forward to 2011, not only the trains, but especially the relationships with other fans and the information sharing that goes along with that.

Here's hoping lots of trains for you in the New Year. Stay safe along the tracks.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment