Sunday, October 7, 2012

Memories

As my time in Wadena draws short (when I leave today, I won't be back here to live, the movers come tomorrow), I can't help but think back on the time spent here. Wadena is where I got really involved in railfanning, and where Mrs. L4T and I lived when she encouraged me to buy my first "real" camera.
 
6 years ago today, there was a coal train leaving Staples headed for Superior. With no knowledge of things like scanners or ATCS, railfanning was a hit and miss game. That fine day I was lucky to catch this train as it ventured onto the Staples Sub, led by a triclops 60M. A scene that will likely never again occur, it seems a blessing now that I was able to witness it then.
 
 
 
There are some things I will miss about Wadena. Having grown to love the Staples Sub, that's one thing, and I have a few good friends here in Wadena that I will miss. No longer being able to host an ATCS server is a regret. The disassembly of the first edition of the WCMR was a bitterseet event. All in all, though, I'm real excited about the future and look forward to what it holds.
 
Thanks to everyone who has been a reader, hopefully this blog makes the move well.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jim, it's been wonderful being able to read your blog the past couple of years. Best of luck to you in the Twin Ports area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is really interesting. I had fun and feel good while reading...thanks


    Usmle Step 2

    ReplyDelete