Saturday, May 21, 2022

You Just Never Know

A hint of sun and a southbound showing on ATCS was enough to get me out of the house this cool May Saturday morning. The southbound was lined into the siding at Coons to meet two northbounds, so I stopped at Munger in hopes of getting some sidelight. It was not to be, since as I waited impatiently for the southbound to get lights into Proctor, another northbound OUT of Proctor lit up. The light was going to be on the nose at Munger if the southbound did finally get a light after this third meet, so I decided to take the short trip to Adolph and try a backlit shot of the third northbound. It was an ore empty behind a pair of dash 8's and a wide cab SD40-2. 


After that train passed, I waited to see if my southbound would get a signal to come home. Sure enough after the train I just shot passed Coons, the train in the siding got lined all the way into the scale track at Proctor. A little internet surfing later I was rewarded with a trio of GE's, on a limestone empty and I got a sucker hole to boot. 


I also got a drone shot at Adolph. After landing the drone, I scooted down to Proctor and caught the train arriving there. The engineer left the ditch lights on, which I think adds to the photo. I always appreciate when they do that, even though I know it's not to do me a favor. The clouds were getting thick by this time but I managed a semi-well lit shot.


And with that, I headed home. It was a productive outing, and just the opposite of last weekend, there were lots of GE's out and about. They aren't my favorite but a solid set is nice to shoot. Plus, anytime there are trains moving and the sun is shining, it's a good outing. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment