Monday, August 30, 2010

Something Interesting

A couple of weeks ago, I got a phone call from a reporter at the Wadena Pioneer Journal asking if I was willing to do an interview discussing railroading around Wadena. Since this seemed like it might possibly be fun, I decided to do it. I arranged to meet the reporter at the PJ office and on the appointed day did the best I could to answer her questions in "plain english", in the hopes that anyone who read the story that might come out of this would be able to understand what was being said.

Saturday the Wadena paper showed up in our mailbox and I glanced through it without finding any railroad story. It was a little disappointing, but no great loss. Then today, I spotted an extra section in the pile of ads titled the "Community Builder". After quickly paging through it, there was the story, including a couple of photos by yours truly. Not very good photos, but they are mine. Here's a copy of the article I grabbed, since I couldn't find it on the web. (Click on the image to open it in a new window and read the story.)


It's not much, but it is the first time I've gotten any railfanning message out to a wider audience than the handful of people who read this blog. It actually is kind of exciting to see a picture you took appear in print. I know a lot of you have had the experience already, but this is a first for me.

That's the story of Wadena's "Celebration of the Railroad", and my little contribution to it.

Jim

1 comment:

  1. Every year I stop by the Wadena depot to catch a train or two. Got skunked this year, a couple hours in the hot sun. (Depot was closed that day) Mrs. got in some serious shopping, however...

    ReplyDelete