Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Green Giants

I left for a trip to Wisconsin around noon today. Cloudy skies in Wadena didn't offer much railfanning hope for the trip, but of course the camera was handy anyway. A westbound near Aldrich and a couple of trains in the Staples yard didn't inspire me to stop, nor did the coal empty that was parked under the overpass at Lincoln.

Passing through Randall, I spotted the tail end of a southbound and got a look at the power about halfway to Darling. Bingo! I sped up to beat him to the station sign, where I unlimbered the camera, cloudy or not. And the result is:


The last few hundred miles of the trip offered very little of a railroad nature, with the exception of a couple of trains in south central Wisconsin spotted in the distance, moving the opposite way from me, just as the sun dipped below the horizon.

It was still a good day of railfanning, though.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment