Monday, March 21, 2011

Central Minnesota Gloom

It hardly seems fair that on the same weekend a couple of OMR members are out shooting trains in glorious sunshine and spectacular scenery, the rest of us were stuck under leaden skies. But it's the truth.

So it came to pass that Mrs. L4T and I made a short chase through a gloom to catch the DPU of a coal empty as it blasted west on Sunday evening. We had planned on heading to Verndale for supper, but the presence of the empty coal train passing through Wadena was enough to lead us astray for a bit. I managed to catch up to him at CR 143, just west of Bluffton, where I grabbed a shot of the trailing unit as it was swallowed up by the fog.


And that was the sum total of my prototype railfanning last weekend. Not much, but a little train action sure beats none at all. And I have to admit to spending a bunch of time over the weekend in the basement, where the sun shines on the trains at my command, not someone else's.

Next time, I'll hopefully have uploaded the shot of a Dash 9 on a coal train in
Staples yard, which was today's sighting. There's that to look forward to, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment