Monday, July 25, 2011

The Dryer Post, Part Deux

It's been over a week since the first Dryer Post, and I felt like an update was in order. Lord knows Mrs. L4T has listened to me argue with the minature pieces of plastic sign this thing is partially constructed of enough. Maybe she deserves me sharing it with my blog audience.

Work has continued in fits and spurts, including such tings as fabricating a new roof to replace the one that was featured in the first post, building a walkway just like the real thing has, and painting. Oh, painting. Last night I grabbed a handful of spray cans, some masking tape, and a bucket of courage, and headed outside. When I came back in, I had something that looked like this:


Notice that you only see one side. The pewter colored paint that is intended to simulate the screens had some adhesion issues in one spot. Seeing as how it's nearly impossible to match the paint after the fact I just spun the thing around so the peel doesn't show. It's not an acceptable remedy but it does let me post a photo showing what I'm trying to acheive.

Ladders and safety cages are still on the schedule, but compete for time with many other projects. Someday soon I hope to be able to add this to the grain elevator complex. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment