Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Flurry of Maroon and Gold

Having just arrived home from a four day tour of extreme northwest Minnesota, it seemed like I should share a few photos. More will come later.



Thief River Falls served as the base for this adventure and Monday evening I investigated the Dakota Junction area on the north end of town. The maroon and gold units were on display in force as I spotted three sitting in that area. First, the 1381 captured in what is likely the same spot as Brian shot it the previous day. I didn't put in as much work to get a good angle as my back was killing me.





Just to the north sat a short train with a pair of Minnesota Northern units on the north end and the ex-UP leaser on the south end. It looked like a tug of war but I decided this pair should win:





And finally a nicely painted lease unit that serves the grain elevator at the south edge of the Thief River Falls yard.





That's it for this installment, but look for big news of a sizable new customer on the Noyes Sub and shots of both CP and BNSF trains real close to the border in another post or two covering the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment